Follow Impact Skates on



Contact Impact Skates using


Mon: 6.15pm - 7.30pm

Tues: 5.30pm - 7.30pm

Wed: 5.30pm - 7.00pm

Thurs: 6.45pm - 7.45pm

Fri: 6.15pm - 7.30pm

Sat: 11am - 2.00pm

Sun: 10.30am - 11.30am and 3.00pm - 5.00pm - PLEASE NOTE - CLOSED 27th APRIL 2014

TEL: 01983 810000

We also try to open during all ice hockey matches and figure skating events held at Planet Ice - Ryde Arena

Saturday 9th October

Added on Thursday 14 Oct 2010

Raiders Grind out Draw with Stars

Wightlink Raiders 2 – Oxford City Stars 2
This was, is all respects, a gritty encounter. With the STARS being the only team to have beaten the RAIDERS this year, the home side would be trying even harder to get one over a stars side littered with ex – RAIDERS and backed up with an import netminder with a growing reputation– LUNDVA. Perhaps mindful of the need to get the early advantage, the RAIDERS started the game with new lines – introducing #32 ROBBIE BROWN onto the 1st line to give this line a much needed injection of pace to compliment the physical but less mobile nature of #11 CORNISH and #73 MURRAY.   Not used to playing with each other – there was some gelling to be done – which made the home side a little disjointed in the early stages. This played into the hands of the visitors who weathered the early onslaught to take a deserved lead after 3 minutes when ex RAIDER #16 ALAN GREEN found the net close in. This seemed to unnerve the RAIDERS and they couldn’t establish any fluency of play. Even net minder #93 MATT COLCLOUGH seamed uncharacteristically tentative and before too long the RAIDERS were 2 down when a shot from EDWARDS went off the COLCLOUGHS stick. You kind of felt that the STARS were playing the role of RAIDERS bogey team and that this was not going to be the home side’s night.  However this RAIDERS side is a team that will roll up its sleeves and work for each other and in the second period they redoubled their efforts and raised the physical tempo of the match. The minor penalties from both sides were starting to rise and the RAIDERS were trying to ruffle LUNDVA’s feathers – not always legally! However it worked and the RAIDERS got back into the game on the powerplay when captain #7 DAMON LARTER found the net from the point. This woke up the frustrated home support who started to get behind the home side and ramp up the volume. The RAIDERS responded and were now the dominant side – but the puck would not go in. Too often it escaped an outreaching stick or a desperate lunge – this was frantic but compelling hockey. In fact this would be the pattern of the rest of the match – with the RAIDERS pushing hard to out fox the wily STARS.   Eventually the RAIDERS got the equaliser they deserved when #11 JEREMY CORNISH deflected in a puck that looked a little high. The beaming smile that greeted his score suggested that luck was on his side this time – but it was no more than the home team deserved – surely now they would push on in the final 10 minutes to get a victory. The last 10 minutes of the game – proved to be a disjointed pattern of RAIDERS pressure countered by dogged STARS defence. As the minutes ticked by the RAIDERS tried and tried but couldn’t find a way through. With the final minutes becoming seconds – the tempers broke and all hell broke loose. People will say that they said this and they said that. They will point the finger of blame in all directions but the sad truth is that the game will now be remembered for the fights of the last 5 seconds rather than the hockey of the preceding 59 minutes and 55 seconds.   I personally think that is a shame.   For the record the RAIDERS MoM was #19 STUART TAIT – well deserved for not only this performance but for his performances over the last few games. 


Bristol Pitbulls 4 Wightlink Tigers 12
Wightlink Tigers travelled to Bristol for last weekends ENL Div2 game to play the second senior team out of the Bristol Kennel.  With the Tigers without Elliot Foley for this game, net minding duties fell to 16 year old Dan Weller with his first full outing for the team.  Dan quickly settled any early nerves and pulled off some impressive saves during the game.Scoring was opened at four minutes by the Tigers through Mike Palin assisted by Nathan Webb & Jamie Lee.  Jason Coles hit his first of four on the night assisted by Dan Giden two minutes later, before the Pitbulls scrambled a loose puck over the line sixteen seconds later.  Two minutes later and the home side pulled the scores level but no sooner had they pulled it back, Coles saw Giden unmarked on the back post and slotted the puck home give the Tigers the lead back.  Thirty seconds later and Graham MacFarlane extended the lead to two, assisted by Ricky Rutherford.  The Tigers were guilty of getting to offensive a minute later which saw a stretch pass find a lone Pitbull who reduced the lead to one.  Final goal of the period came four minutes from the end as Lee netted from Palin to restore the two goal cushion.
Giden and Coles started the scoring in the second period and just eleven seconds later assited on Kieran Annis’s goal to extend the lead to four. The Tigers were caught napping once again just three minutes later as they allowed the home side to score a short handed goal, which was to be the last time the Pitbulls would see the goal light over the Tigers net. A few skirmishes broke out during the period as the Pitbulls became frustrated at the ease the Tigers were making of getting into their defensive zone although the Tigers were thwarted by Micahel Crisp in the Pitbulls net.
The third period saw the Tigers romp away with the game as they scored five for no reply with, man of the Match Coles getting a hat trick, Palin and MacFarlane grabbing the remaining two and assists going to Giden and Rutherford.  Some confusion reigned over the MacFarlane goal as although the referee signalled the goal and gave details to the scorer, no goal was put on the score board although it was recorded on the game sheet.  Full match details can be found on the forum at on the forum match reports.